Rio Verde, Arizona – Real Estate Profile
When local residents talk about Rio Verde, they are talking about two different communities. First there is a master planned, active-adult community in Rio Verde that is roughly 5 miles from prestigious North Scottsdale. “The Verdes” consist of 3 active adult communities; Rio Verde, Tonto Verde, and Tegavah The second community is called Rio Verde Foothills. This rural area is home to many horse ranchers, custom homes, and those who enjoy living on larger lots with privacy and limited HOA’s.
Rio Verde offers luxurious amenities and breath-taking views. Lot sizes start at one-acre parcels with unbeatable sale prices. Rio Verde offers buyers opportunity to purchase prime real estate in one of Arizona’s best locations for investment.
Buying Real Estate in the Rio Verde Foothills
Buying a home or piece of land in Rio Verde has many advantages. Some of the country’s top builders have produced gorgeous, custom homes with views that cannot be found anywhere else.
Homes in Rio Verde start in the mid $300,000 range. Residential lots start in the low $40,000 for 1 acre lot.
Buying Real Estate in The Verde’s
The Verde’s features a beautiful clubhouses, golf courses, pools, spas, exercise rooms, fine dining and much more. Nearby is hiking, biking and recreation of all kinds in the Tonto National Forest and the Mc Dowell Mountain Regional Park, and just minutes to other sensational valley cities. It’s one of the most exciting places to call home!
Prices for homes in the Verde’s range from $200,000 to $1,250,000. Land and lots in The Verde’s begin at $65,000 and go as high as $695,000. These prices do not include foreclosures.
If you are considering buying or selling a home or piece of land in Rio Verde, the Gary May Group realtors are Rio Verde real estate specialist and offer a wealth of experience and knowledge. Real Estate sales are prime in Rio Verde, and the Gary May Group is here to assist all your buying needs.
Rio Verde Foothills Land and Buildable Lots
Rio Verde envelops over 5 square miles of buildable land in The Verdes. Beginning roughly at 136th Street, just east of Troon North in Scottsdale is the border of Rio Verde. These lots offer the privacy and tranquility that many home buyers seek. Room for horses, off road sport vehicles, or whatever your outdoor pleasure, Rio Verde’s massive land area has no limits!
Commercial Real Estate in all of Rio Verde
Homeowners in Rio Verde enjoy the rural lifestyle of the community. Therefore, commercial real estate is highly discouraged. Because Rio Verde is in close proximity to Fountain Hills and Scottsdale, the conveniences of shopping and entertainment are just minutes away. Recreational activities and the natural surrounding area dominate Rio Verde. Additionally, topography and flood plains limit the area’s potential for commercial real estate. At present, commercial real estate businesses are being encouraged to build at Alma School Road and Dynamite Road in North Scottsdale, just minutes from Rio Verde.
Rio Verde Documents
- Rio Verde Homeowners’ Association CC and Rs
- Rio Verdi Architectural Guidelines
- Rio Verde Rules
- Rio Verde Planning Area Map
- Rio Verde Existing Land Use Map
- Rio Verde Open Space, Trails, and Access Areas Map
Future home sites and planning of communities in Rio Verde moves at a much slower pace than other surrounding areas. The importance of preservation in Rio Verde is high. Residences choose to live in Rio Verde and commute because they want the natural beauty and serenity the area has to offer. Many home buyers are choosing to have custom built homes in Rio Verde
Key Characteristics of the Rio Verde Foothills Area
- The Rio Verde Foothills consist of just 11,000 acres.
- The Rio Verde Foothills are landlocked by the 4 million acre Tonto National Forest, Bartlett Lake, the Verde River, the Mazatal Mountains, the 22,000 acre McDowell Mountain Regional Park
- Shares a border and a zip code with the wealthiest corridor of North Scottsdale.
- Favorable 1 acre zoning prevents over-development and promotes the rural-estate lifestyle that typifies the area.
- There is an increasingly larger contingent of high-net-worth residents in the Rio Verde Foothills, as well as several large Arabian Horse Ranches.
- World Class resorts, shopping, restaurants, and 6 golf courses are all within a few minutes’ drive.
- Beautiful horse and hiking trails through national forests and regional parks are close at hand. The opportunities for outdoor recreation are limitless:
- National Forest trails
- Regional Park trails
- Horseback riding
- Bartlett Lake
- Verde River
- 6 golf courses within 6 miles
- Current real estate prices for new homes and buildable land in the Rio Verde Foothills are a fraction of those in North Scottsdale yet they are only minutes apart.
- The scenery is unmatched and truly unique because of the location.
- Organized community groups protect land values and look out for one another.
Parks and Preserve Access
Click on map to enlarge
Rio Verde Trail Map
Currently Rio Verde is home to many equestrian estates and ranches. There are ample trails for horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, and walking within minutes of the property. Today, as Rio Verde is growing and the number of property owners increase, McDowell Regional Mountain Park has improved access to outdoor recreation. The following is a map of the park and the trail system which will enhance the quality of outdoor recreation in the 22,000 acre McDowell Regional Park area.
Geographic Detail Map
This map shows many of the local developments surrounding the Rio Verde Foothills.
View Larger Map
For a current listing of Rio Verde foreclosures contact the Gary May Group, Rio Verde foreclosures specialists.